These cookies are fantastically simple in ingredients, not too difficult and I don’t think I’ve met one person that doesn’t like them. What’s not to like about butter, roasted almonds and icing sugar?
(recipe is for 2 baking trays/80 cookies)
1 lb butter unsalted room temp. butter
2/3 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 egg yolks
1/2 shot brandy
1 tsp. baking powder
5 to 5 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- To the mixture, add butter, sugar and vanilla until creamed with the paddle. Add yolks one at a time.
- Add flour, baking powder, brandy and mix well. At the end add almonds.
- Using your hand, grab a piece of dough the size of a walnut and form them into the shape of choice crescents or patties). Place each formed cookie on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Repeat process until all dough has been shaped into cookies. Roll into a ball and then cut into pieces, roll into balls and place on baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in 350F oven.
- Allow to cool, spray with water/rosewater mixture then coat well in icing sugar (I add rosewater and water in a spray bottle, shake and use to spray the cookies).
. All rights reserved.