The hamburger has to be one of the most popular and enjoyable sandwiches on the planet. Throw away your fast food chain coupons, don’t tempt getting sick after eating a Big Mac and you don’t have to buy those frozen shit-patties they sell at the market as hamburgers.
Make your own burger. It’s easy, you tailor the flavour to your liking and the superior taste comes through.
Alot of you will invite friends and family over for a BBQ. Quite often the kids are tagging along so it’s probably easier to just serve burgers & dogs.
However, do you have to serve hot dogs and frozen shit-patties? If you’re going to invite friends and family over, have the decency to offer up home-made burgers and grill some quality sausages. Leave the hot dog for the baseball park.
I’ve got nothing fancy here. Upon closer inspection of my hamburger I have a homemade bun topped with sesame seeds, ripe Canadian (Salmonella-free) red tomatoes, Vlasic pickles, Bick’s relish, slices of red onions, grilled bacon and old cheddar cheese.
Let’s not forget the beef…a wonderful hamburger made with Pete’s own hands and my perverted food imagination.
Please note: I use regular ground beef for burgers. The lean stuff leaves me with a dry burger. Not cool.
The Kalofagas Homeburger
(make 4 good burgers)
1 lb. of regular ground beef
1 medium onion, grated
1 large clove of garlic, minced
1 stale hamburger bun, moistened in water, squeezed the crumbled
1 Tbs. of dried oregano
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbsp. of liquid beef boullion concentrate
1 tsp. salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all of the above ingredients with your hands until incorporated. Fry off a small meatball to taste test seasoning. Adjust accordingly.
- Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours to allows the flavours to marry.
- Form into burgers and return to room temperature before grilling.
- Pre-heat your grill to hot. Brush off any residue from prior grilling and then wipe the grill with a towel that’s been doused in vegetable oil.
- Grill your burgers for about 3-4 minutes a side.
- Toast your buns and serve immediately with fries and your preferred burger condiments.
. All rights reserved.