Pistachio-Crusted Baked SoleApr 17th, 2008 | By Peter Minakis | Category: Baking, Fish, Main, Nuts
Look at what’s on my table…baked sole! Canada boasts of having alot of fish and despite Toronto being a 3 hour flight from the Pacific and a 9o minute flight from the Atlantic, we get some decent Canadian seafood flown into town and some weekly shipments of Mediterranean fish from Europe.
Pistachio Crusted Sole
4 sole fillets
1/2 cup shelled pistachios
zest of 1/2 lemon
zest of 1/2 lime
zest of 1/2 orange
4 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
1 cup bread crumbs
salt & pepper
- Roughly chop your pistachios and place in a bowl. Mix in your 3 types of zest, parsley and bread crumbs. While stirring with a spoon, slowly add some olive oil until the mixture sticks together.
- Season your fillets with salt and pepper and brush each top part of the fillet with Dijon mustard.
- Pack the breading on top of each fillet and place on a baking sheet that’s been treated with oil.
- Place in the upper middle rack of your oven bake for 20 minutes or until the tops have turned golden brown.
- Serve with some rice and boiled/steamed greens tossed in olive oil and lemon juice. Pair with an Assyrtiko white from Santorini.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.
© 2008 – 2010, Peter Minakis. All rights reserved. If you are not reading this post in a feed reader or at http://kalofagas.ca then the site you are reading is illegally publishing copyrighted material. Contact me at truenorth67 AT gmail DOT COM. All recipes, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author.