What I don’t understand is how can so many people screw it up? Oh yes, I’ve tried Tiramisus with sponge cake, with too much alcohol or dry cookies in them.
Keep the Tiramisu simple. You can try different flavours with it but please, don’t overdo it. With Tiramisu…less is more.
Before I go on with the recipe, I want to share a quote from the recipe card I have for the Tiramisu:
Rich and delicate at the same time, this Italian dessert is redolent of coffee and Marsala, and blessed with a light, creamy texture.
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup strong black coffee, freshly made
6 Tbsp. Marsala or sweet sherry
Approx. 16 Savoiardi lady finger cookies
3 fresh eggs, separated
pinch of nutmeg
1 cup Mascarpone cheese
2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- Spoon half of the sugar to the coffee and stir until dissolved. Add the Marsala or Sherry.
- Dip half the lady fingers in the coffee & Marsala mixture and arrange in the base of an 8″ X 5″ serving dish.
- Beat the egg yolks and nutmeg with the remaining sugar until the mixture has thickened, then stir in the Mascarpone.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold the Mascarpone mixture into the egg whites. Spoon half over the lady fingers and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Dip the remaining lady fingers in the reamining coffee & Marsala mixture and arrange in the dish. Yop with remanining Mascarpone mixture and smooth the top.
- Let it chill overnight for the flavours to marry. Before serving, sprinkle with grated chocolate and a dusting of cocoa powder.
© 2007 – 2015,
. All rights reserved.